To Our Victorian Inn GuestsWe at Victorian Inn feel privileged that you are considering to stay at one or more of our hotels when traveling to Monterey. In accordance with the Monterey County Health ordinance, Victorian Inn is currently accepting reservations for all travel. We are thrilled to welcome guests to the hotel and look forward to working together responsibly so we may all continue to experience the love of travel. Our team is available to answer any questions you may have about your travel plans. We look forward to welcoming you!
Your Safety Is Our Primary Concern
We want to assure you that your well-being and safety is our number one priority for our guests, our ambassadors and our community. We take great pride in delivering the highest standards in cleanliness and hygiene. Our team is well-prepared and specifically trained in protocols to ensure a clean, safe and healthy environment for you as our guest. We are proud to be awarded by the World Travel & Tourism Commission "Safe Travels" designation and been recognized by AAA with Best in Housekeeping status in 2020. Our vigorous program was developed, and continues to be refined, based on guidelines from the Center of Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, Best Western We Care Clean program, California Hotel & Lodging Association and the Monterey County Health Authority.
Monterey County Health Department has enacted that members of the public will have to wear face coverings while inside of or waiting in line to enter businesses. This order also requires our staff to wear a face covering, while assisting you. Further, businesses must take reasonable measures, such as posting signs, to remind patrons about facial coverings, and may not serve guests who do not observe the order. In addition, a California Ordinance was issued calling a limited Stay at Home Order where a curfew will be in effect from 10p.m. to 5a.m. starting Saturday, November 21, 2020. Thank you for understanding.
The following outlines the precautionary measures in effect at the hotel to protect against COVID-19. Each department has its own detailed set of procedures which are based on expert guidance from leaders in sanitization and safety.
Throughout the Hotel
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public areas, guest rooms and back of house.
- Extra attention given to cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas and surfaces such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, light switches, handles, phones, handrails, tables, chairs and tableware.
- Added reminders and signage to wash hands for at least 20 seconds as a key preventative measure.
Arrivals and Check-Outs
- Our room keys and pens will be sanitized after each use.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the Front Desk to encourage social distancing for guests and staff.
- Pre-registration is encouraged for all guests to avoid the need for touch transactions during check-in and check-out. At check-in will only need to present a chipped credit card.
- Virtual check-out via the phone is strongly encouraged.
- Self-serve Grab & Go limited breakfast will be offered.
- Food preparation hygiene protocols are strictly enforced and will include proper separation of personal workspaces for cooks and food handlers. Gloves and masks will be worn at all times while preparing food.
- Rooms are thoroughly sanitized in accordance with health and government guidelines. Special attention will be given to high touch surfaces, handles, doorknobs, switches, faucets, remotes, alarm clocks, TVs, safety latches, trash receptacles, toilet and shower handles and refrigerators.
- Housekeeping service is provided prior to arrival and after check-out only. Additional pillows, towels and blankets are available by request only. No reusable materials are stored in guest rooms. Linens are removed in one-time use bags upon check-out or request.
- Knowing you want to practice safe social distancing, stay-over service will not be provided unless specifically requested - and if requested we ask the guests to step out of the room.
- Do Not Disturb signs will always be respected.
- Ongoing internal communication and training with our employees to ensure the realization of the highest standards in health and hygiene. Detailed protocols are in place for each department and checks are consistently performed to ensure compliance.
- The health of our ambassadors is being carefully monitored, including daily screening procedures prior to the start of their shift.
- Daily, per shift cleaning routine covering the basics with an emphasis on frequency and consistency.
- A flexible "stay home/stay healthy" schedule for our employees, encouraging those who may feel ill to remain at home.
- Protocols in place for assisting guests who may feel ill for any reason.
- Professional sanitization will be administered as needed to maintain the highest levels of safety and cleanliness.
- We encourage those who consider themselves high risk to check with their personal health care professional before traveling.
- While arriving, departing or transitioning throughout the property, please wear a mask.
To provide flexibility to our guests with travel plans to the Victorian Inn, reservations may be canceled with a full refund provided the reservation is canceled 24 hours prior to arrival date through December 30, 2020. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies. Please Note: This policy does not apply to travel associated with a Group booking.
We encourage all guests and staff to take the recommended precautions and please do not travel if you are not feeling well.
Our staff and our guests are like family to us and Monterey is our home. The safety of all three is and always will be of utmost importance to us. We will continue to monitor this situation through local and national health organizations. Our supportive thoughts are with everyone affected by COVID-19.