A Safe and Clean Stay
Our program was developed and refined based on guidelines from the Center of Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization, Best Western We Care Clean program, California Hotel & Lodging Association, and the Monterey County Health Authority.
We require that all guests and employees wear masks in all public spaces and while checking in to the hotel. Our team is well-prepared and trained in distancing and cleaning protocols to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
Before You Arrive
Around the Hotel
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public areas, guest rooms, and back of the house.
- We give extra attention to cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas and surfaces such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, light switches, handles, phones, handrails, tables, chairs, and tableware.
- We have added reminders and signage to wash hands for at least 20 seconds as a key preventative measure.
- We have installed plexiglass shields at the Front Desk to encourage social distancing for guests and staff.
- We encourage pre-registration for all guests to avoid the need for touch transactions during check-in and check-out. At check-in, guests will only need to present a chipped credit card.
- We encourage virtual check-out via the phone.
- We sanitize room keys and pens after each use
Rooms & Suites
- Our rooms are thoroughly sanitized per the government guidelines. Special attention is given to high touch surfaces, handles, doorknobs, switches, faucets, remotes, alarm clocks, TVs, safety latches, trash receptacles, toilet and shower handles, and refrigerators.
- Housekeeping service is provided before arrival and after check-out only. Additional pillows, towels, and blankets are available by request only. No reusable materials are kept in the guest rooms. Linens are removed in one-time-use bags upon check-out or request.
- Knowing you want to practice safe social distancing, stay-over service will not be provided unless specifically requested - and if requested, we ask the guests to step out of the room.
- Do Not Disturb are always respected.
- We have ongoing internal communication and training with our employees to ensure the highest health and hygiene standards. Detailed protocols are in place for each department, and checks are consistently performed to ensure compliance.
- The health of our ambassadors is carefully monitored, including daily screening procedures before the start of their shift.
- Daily, per shift cleaning routine covering the basics with an emphasis on frequency and consistency.
- We have a flexible "stay home/stay healthy" schedule in place for our employees, encouraging those who may feel ill to remain at home.
- We have protocols in place for assisting guests who may feel ill for any reason.
- We administer professional sanitization as needed to maintain the highest levels of safety and cleanliness.
- We encourage those who consider themselves a high risk to check with their personal health care professional before traveling.
- We encourage guests to wear a mask while arriving, departing, or transitioning throughout the property.
Food & Dining
- Self-serve Grab & Go limited breakfast.
- We strictly enforce food preparation hygiene protocols and include proper separation of personal workspaces for cooks and food handlers.
- Our staff is required to wear gloves and masks at all times while preparing food.
Guests who booked via online travel agents or third party booking sites are advised to contact their booking provider for details on their policies. This policy does not apply to travel associated with a group booking.
From Our General Manager
Are guests required to wear a face mask in the hotel?
Yes, all our guests and staff are required to wear facemasks when they arrive, depart, or move around on the property. We also have signage reminding guests about face masks and social distancing.
Do you have contactless check-in for guests?
Yes, we encourage guests to pre-register themselves before visiting the hotel to avoid touching any of the surfaces at the front desk. We also encourage virtual check-out via the phone.
Is breakfast served at the hotel?
We are offering a limited self-serve Grab-and-Go breakfast to all the guests at our hotel.