Monterey Hiking Trails & Parks
Reconnect with Monterey's natural side, from its rugged beaches to coastal trails. Pack the car and your sense of adventure. Have safe and healthy outdoor fun.
- Enjoy a whale watching tour with Adventures by the Sea
- Cruise 17-Mile Drive along the coast to Pebble Beach
- Kayak on Monterey Bay from Fisherman's Wharf
- Bike or walk along the Monterey Bay Coastal Recreational Trail
- Walk the 2.7-mile Monterey Path of History to local landmarks and adobes
- Road trip down the coast to Carmel and Big Sur for stunning ocean views
Discover the gorgeous beaches of Monterey. Kayak from McAbee Beach. Stroll Del Monte boardwalk. Swim at the State Beach. Soak up breathtaking views of the bay.
- McAbee Beach - This beach and cove below Cannery Row is a scenic spot for kayaking and scuba diving.
- Monterey Municipal Beach - Adjacent to Fisherman's Wharf, this beach is popular for sunbathing, swimming, and kayaking.
- Del Monte Beach - Swim, boogie board, kayak, or relax on this scenic beach. Walk the boardwalk through the dunes and have a picnic on the sand.
- San Carlos Beach - At the west end of Cannery Row, this sandy beach is a popular spot for scuba diving, swimming, body surfing, and relaxing on the sand.
- Monterey State Beach - This beautiful state beach on Monterey Bay's southern end is great for walking, sunbathing, swimming, paragliding, fishing, and sea kayaking.
Monterey Peninsula is home to the most beautiful and challenging golf courses on the California coast. Hit links at Pebble Beach or play the Nicklaus layout at The Club at Pasadera. Chase birdies in Monterey.
Outdoor Dining in Monterey
Experience the Monterey food scene at the many restaurants and outdoor patios open for dining, delivery, and take-out. With its fresh seafood and bold culinary spirit, Monterey is one of the best places to eat on the Northern California coast.
- LALLA Oceanside Grill - Dine on the outdoor patio on Cannery Row. This casual California grill offers fresh seafood and scratch-made coastal fare. Try the cioppino.
- Sardine Factory - Experience the food from this iconic Cannery Row restaurant to-go. Enjoy fresh, sustainable seafood and corn-fed aged steaks. Try the abalone bisque and calamari puffs.
- Estéban Restaurant - Savor modern Spanish-inspired cuisine, tapas, paellas and house-made sangrias at this lovely Monterey dining spot.