Monterey Hiking Trails & Parks
- Enjoy a whale watching tour with Adventures by the Sea
- Cruise 17-Mile Drive along the coast to Pebble Beach
- Kayak on Monterey Bay from Fisherman's Wharf
- Bike or walk along the Monterey Bay Coastal Recreational Trail
- Walk the 2.7-mile Monterey Path of History to local landmarks and adobes
- Road trip down the coast to Carmel and Big Sur for stunning ocean views
- McAbee Beach - This beach and cove below Cannery Row is a scenic spot for kayaking and scuba diving.
- Monterey Municipal Beach - Adjacent to Fisherman's Wharf, this beach is popular for sunbathing, swimming, and kayaking.
- Del Monte Beach - Swim, boogie board, kayak, or relax on this scenic beach. Walk the boardwalk through the dunes and have a picnic on the sand.
- San Carlos Beach - At the west end of Cannery Row, this sandy beach is a popular spot for scuba diving, swimming, body surfing, and relaxing on the sand.
- Monterey State Beach - This beautiful state beach on Monterey Bay's southern end is great for walking, sunbathing, swimming, paragliding, fishing, and sea kayaking.
Outdoor Dining in Monterey
- LALLA Oceanside Grill - Dine on the outdoor patio on Cannery Row. This casual California grill offers fresh seafood and scratch-made coastal fare. Try the cioppino.
- Sardine Factory - Experience the food from this iconic Cannery Row restaurant to-go. Enjoy fresh, sustainable seafood and corn-fed aged steaks. Try the abalone bisque and calamari puffs.
- Estéban Restaurant - Savor modern Spanish-inspired cuisine, tapas, paellas and house-made sangrias at this lovely Monterey dining spot.