To Our Victorian Inn GuestsWe at the Victorian Inn feel privileged that you are considering to stay at one or more of our hotels when traveling to Monterey. In accordance with the Monterey County Health ordinance, Victorian Inn we are now accepting reservations for all travel. We are proud to be recognized by AAA with Best in Housekeeping status in 2020. Our robust program was developed, and continues to be refined, based on guidelines from the Center of Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and local authorities.Our team is available to answer any questions you may have about travel plans. Please call 800-232-4141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you!
Your Safety Is Our Primary Concern
We want to assure those guests who need to travel that we continue to take the recommended CDC health precautions issued by the Center for Disease Control and Monterey County Health Authority to provide a safe place for our guests, our ambassadors and our community. We take great pride in delivering the highest standards in cleanliness and hygiene. Our team is well-prepared and specifically trained in protocols to ensure a clean, safe and healthy environment for you as our guest. As of April 30, 2020 please know the Monterey County Health Department has enacted that members of the public will have to wear face coverings while inside of or waiting in line to enter a business. This order also requires our staff to wear a face covering, while assisting you. Further, businesses must take reasonable measures, such as posting signs, to remind patrons about facial coverings, and may not serve guests who do not observe the order. We thank you in advance for following the guidelines set by the Health Officer of Monterey County.
The following outlines the precautionary measures in effect at the hotel to protect against COVID-19. Each department has its own detailed set of procedures which are based on expert guidance from leaders in sanitization and safety.
Throughout the Hotel
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public areas, guest rooms and back of house.
- Extra attention given to cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas and surfaces such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, light switches, handles, phones, handrails, tables, chairs and tableware.
- Added reminders and signage to wash hands for at least 20 seconds as a key preventative measure.
Arrivals and Check-Outs
- Our room keys and pens will be sanitized after each use.
- Pre-registration is encouraged for all guests to avoid the need for touch transactions during check-in and check-out. At check-in will only need to present a chipped credit card.
- We highly encourage one guest to visit the hotel lobby when checking in their party or family.
- Virtual check-out via the phone is strongly encouraged.
- Self-serve Grab & Go limited breakfast will be offered.
- Food preparation hygiene protocols are strictly enforced and will include proper separation of personal workspaces for cooks and food handlers. Gloves and masks will be worn at all times while preparing food.
- Rooms are thoroughly sanitized in accordance with health and government guidelines. Special attention will be given to high touch surfaces, handles, doorknobs, switches, faucets, remotes, alarm clocks, TVs, safety latches, trash receptacles, toilet and shower handles and refrigerators.
- Housekeeping service is provided prior to arrival and after check-out only. Additional pillows, towels and blankets are available by request only. No reusable materials are stored in guest rooms. Linens are removed in one-time use bags upon check-out or request.
- Ongoing internal communication and training with our employees to ensure the realization of the highest standards in health and hygiene. Detailed protocols are in place for each department and checks are consistently performed to ensure compliance.
- The health of our ambassadors is being carefully monitored, including daily screening procedures prior to the start of their shift.
- Daily, per shift cleaning routine covering the basics with an emphasis on frequency and consistency.
- A flexible "stay home/stay healthy" schedule for our employees, encouraging those who may feel ill to remain at home.
- Protocols in place for assisting guests who may feel ill for any reason.
- Professional sanitization will be administered as needed to maintain the highest levels of safety and cleanliness.
- We encourage those who consider themselves high risk to check with their personal health care professional before traveling.
- While arriving, departing or transitioning throughout the property, please wear a mask.
To provide flexibility to our guests with travel plans Victoria Inn is waiving cancellation fees for individual reservations to include full refunds for all Advance Purchase & Non-Refundable reservations directly made with Victorian Inn for stays through June 30, 2020. For more information, please email us at email@example.com. Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies. Please Note: This policy does not apply to travel associated with a Group booking.
We encourage all guests and staff to take the recommended precautions and please do not travel if you are not feeling well.
Our staff and our guests are like family to us and Monterey is our home. The safety of all three is and always will be of utmost importance to us. We will continue to monitor this situation through local and national health organizations. Our supportive thoughts are with everyone affected by COVID-19.