Celebrate the Season at Monterey, California Holiday Events There's magic in the air this holiday season in Monterey, California. That means it's time to relax, indulge, shop, dine, play and make new traditions. Enjoy colorful parades and parties, see a holiday concert, walk through the glow of holiday lights or simply take a few days and explore the city. Whether you're in town for a Thanksgiving family dinner or a romantic Christmas getaway, our holiday specials are the perfect gift. Fill the holiday season with joy and good memories at BEST WESTERN PLUS Victorian Inn.
Monterey, California Holiday Events
Spend all day in winter wonderland under the stars skating by the scenic Monterey coastline at Custom House Plaza's seasonal ice skating rink.
- Date: Saturday, November 19, 2016 through Sunday, January 8, 2017
- Location/ Address: Custom House Plaza, Monterey, CA 93940
This popular annual event for all ages celebrates Monterey's contribution to our western heritage with cowboy poetry, song and a first class Cowboy Art & Western Marketplace. The festival brings together people from all over the United States to enjoy and learn more about the "cowboy way of life," including its history, culture and current values.
- Date: Friday, November 18 through Sunday, November 20
- Location/Address: Monterey County Fair and Event Center, 2004 Fairground Road, Monterey, CA 93940
Light up the night with Cannery Row's 22nd annual Tree Lighting held at Steinbeck Plaza. Holiday magic surrounds attendees with carolers and family fun festivities for all.
- Date: Friday, November 25, 2016
- Location/Address: Steinbeck Plaza on Cannery Row, Monterey, CA 93940
Discover Monterey's signature holiday event. Wander the streets of historic downtown and explore 19th century adobes. Try fandango dance lessons at Custom House, or enjoy bagpipes at Robert Louis Stevenson House. The whole family will relish the refreshments, games and fun.
- Date: Friday, December 9, 2016 - Saturday, December 10, 2016
- Location/Address: Pacific House Museum, Monterey, CA 93940
A community celebration of the arts on New Year's Eve, First Night Monterey offers over 22 performance sites and indoor and outdoor venues for youth of all ages.
- Date: Saturday, December 31, 2016
- Location/Address: Historic Downtown Monterey, Monterey, CA 93940
Monterey Holiday Dining
Estéban Restaurant located at historic Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa is the heart of authentic Monterey dining, offering a unique culinary experience. Serving traditional Spanish-inspired cuisine with a pinch of adventure, Estéban Restaurant invites you to sip, savor, and share by the warmth of the fireplace or in the relaxing outdoor patio.
- Address:700 Munras Avenue, Monterey, CA 93940
This premier Monterey seafood restaurant has been serving up fresh local favorites and award winning cuisine since 1968, and offers an extensive wine list featuring more than 1,000 different wines.
- Address: 701 Wave St, Monterey, CA 93940
A breathtaking view awaits you at LALLA Oceanside Grill. Floor-to-ceiling windows offer front row seats of McAbee Beach and the abundance of marine life through the offshore waters of the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary. Evenings can be spent downstairs in Angel's Share lounge offering barrel-aged bottle cocktails.
- Address: 654 Cannery Row, Monterey, CA 93940
Monterey Holiday Shopping
Discover award winning shopping and restaurants at Del Monte Center the largest shopping center on the Peninsula offering over 79 stores.
- Address: 1410 Del Monte Center, Monterey, CA 93940